1. Your family is perfect just the way it is.
2. I know the previously stated fact to be true because my own family is perfect, but also because I have photographed over 800 families in the course of my career: each has been different and each has been perfect.
3. If I photograph your family I will never try to alter or "make you look" any other way than you do - to do so would be arrogant and profoundly stupid, as your family is already perfect, as we have established.
4. I will invite you to play games, to make funny faces, to interact -- in various ways I will help your family find their natural, normal rhythm, and will document the interactions that naturally then occur.
5. Children are known in some cultures as, "time wizards."
6. The previous fact is not at all true, but my point remains: time passes much more quickly when children are involved.
7. Photography as documentary helps you remember the syncopation and melody of your family as it is in this moment, a melody that is constantly changing and so easily forgotten when wizardy is involved.
8. If you agree, and if you sometimes struggle as I do to remember the very melodies you try hardest not to lose, you have a photo shoot waiting.